Version 1.0 – Updated 8/9/2014
How we collect and use information:
We may collect the following categories of information from or about you and use it in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us: When you become a "Biante Collectors Club" member or otherwise order goods or services through us, we ask you for certain personal information. With your permission, we may combine the personal information provided by you in relation to your membership account or which you otherwise provide to us with information which we obtain from third parties.
- User communications: When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services (subject to your opt-outs).
- Log information: When you access our web-based services, the corresponding servers may record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website to one or more 'server logs'. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your membership account.
- Analytics tools: We also deliver advertisements and use website analytics tools on non-Biante websites and services, and we collect information such as page views on these third party sites as well.
- Promotional emails: When you receive promotional e-mails from Biante Model Cars, we may use analytics tools, customised links or similar technologies to collect information about whether the e-mail has been opened and which links you click. We may use this information to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or other information.
Further or in addition to the above, we may use the information we collect:
- To process purchase transactions. We may exchange relevant information with nominated financial institutions in order to process purchase transactions for you or on your behalf.
- To fulfil delivery. We may exchange relevant information with transport carriers and/or third party vendors in order to deliver products purchased to your nominated address.
- For limited marketing purposes. We will not disclose your personal details to any third party for marketing purposes other than our own.
In our communications with you.
- Further or in addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services.
- To develop new products or services.
- To protect the legal rights or property of Biante Model Cars or our customers.
We may additionally use details from your customer records to better understand your needs and to advise you of new products, services or promotions that we believe will be of interest to you (the latter subject to your opt-outs).
All of the above listed uses are, collectively, the principal purpose.
If we wish to use your personal information in a manner different than the principal purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Third party and/or overseas facilities
Third party websites and services
Controlling cookies and opting-out
Many web browsers accept cookies by default but you can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You may opt out of receiving information on upcoming events and promotions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where sensitive financial information such as your credit card details are sent to us via the Internet in relation to a purchase, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or equivalent security technology to seek to prevent hacking or other unauthorised access to that information.
- We have your consent.
- We have reasonable belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of your personal information is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms and conditions of any agreement between you and Biante Model Cars, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Biante Model Cars, its customers or the public at large.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems in which we store personal information.
Accessing and updating personal information
We ask you to identify yourself and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, or would be impractical (for example, requests concerning information residing on backup media sent to offsite storage), or for which access is not otherwise required.
In any circumstance where we provide information access and correction, we will carry out this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort (in which case, we will advise of the applicable charge).
Because of the way we operate and maintain certain services (including but not limited to our own internal archival services and dormant account services), you acknowledge and understand that at least some of your personal information may be retained in our archives even after termination of your "Biante Collectors Club" membership or any other relationship with us.
Standards and compliance
We seek at all times to adhere to the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles (NPP).
If we receive a formal written complaint from you, we will contact you regarding your concerns. We will also seek to cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved between you and us.